Wednesday 10 August 2011

More experiments....




After cutting long rectangle pieces out of my paper i folded it to create these fluent shapes.
the close up abstract look works really well as the light creates shade in certain areas. I could cut out parts of the paper to create text in my poster. 



Using the same technique i created the two sculptures below but by 
folding in a different way the sculpture looks really different. 



 


Below.....
I cut out a rectangle and folded in many random ways and this seems to be the best.


after constructing this i repeated it to create the sculptures below.
I like how the light is once again creating different shadows and highlighted areas. This gives them depth and contrast.








 these sculptures remind me of packaging of some sort.


using a lamp as my light source (which is of a warmer tint) i photographed the following sculptures i created using different lengths of paper and attaching them together with paperclips at the bottom. the result looks much like a flower and as I'm trying to achieve the soft look in my poster this would be really effective.


In the  macro shots (below) of the sculpture light is really warm and the softness
 of the light and shape is really great.





No comments:

Post a Comment