Tuesday 9 August 2011

MY Sculptures...

Equipment
To create my sculptures i used a cutting mat, ruler and a craft knife. 
to manipulate the lighting in my photos i used a small torch as this gave me the freedom as to where the light source was coming from.


My light source


based on the shells and sands forms i have researched and the natural form in 
which Richard Sweeney creates in his work i have made
 some of my own sculptures using paper.


by scoring the paper i have created these simple sculptures. 
i found that by scoring the paper it is then more easily manipulated.


The sculpture below reminds me of the shapes created when the sea has 
moved the sand.


I found that by changing the direction of the light source i could create shadows 
which look really soft.



In the sculpture below i have scored down one side of the paper 
and cut a slit on the side which isn't scored.


I then placed the bottom inside the slit to create the 
soft curve in the sculpture.






Below i have repeated the above sculpture to create a 
larger and little more complex design.


Shining the light at different angles changes the final 
outcome drastically.  






These star shaped sculptures could be hung from thread 
which could look really effective.



Below i simply scored a piece of paper and curved it round





repeating the sculpture is a really good idea as it creates a 
totally different, unique sculpture.


Adding the other sculptures creates and even more complex design. 
I i was to add more sculptures the design would get even more complex.








This close up photograph of one of my sculptures is really soft and 
crisp. i like the way the design becomes more abstract as its really close.


I have shone the light underneath these sculptures which makes 
them look as if they're glowing. i really like this effect as the brightness
 of the paper would make the poster stand out.




No comments:

Post a Comment